Monday 12 January 2009

Toys or holy images

There are many different toys available on the market but, are there any that can be seen as Holy figures they have no moving parts and have a striking resemblance in the way they stand to that of images of Jesus. I’m not saying that they have the same religious value and am not trying to diminish the religious value of Christ, and I have no intention to compare the religion of Christianity, but I am stating that there is a resemblance with images of Christ standing with his hands stretched out to that of other religious iconic statues and images. This in its most basic form is drawing comparisons of the two different meaning of the hands stretched out, with images of Christ it shows how he prays for all who are alive. With Godzilla it shows the power and prehistoric savagery that Godzilla can call upon when threatening the earth and all within it. The point here then is the striking pose and religious power the open arms of Godzilla really has.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I appriciate your blog and I hope you keep it up! I am a big fan and wish to join your Church!

Unknown said...

Godzilla loves me this I know, because the Mothra tells me so....

Way back in the 1980s, the Phony Art League of Eugene, Oregon opened a store front as the First Church of Godzilla.

We had P.A.L, the Phony Art League and the Palettes for a 'women's auxiliary'.


All founded by Coot Codger and the Gipper.